Thursday, April 21, 2005

Vestibular Rehab Therapy

I don't have much to say about vestibular rehabilitation therapy yet, because I just started this morning. However, I am hopeful that it will help me deal with the range of MM issues I deal with in relation to dizziness.

Today was hard though. My therapist was a nice guy named Meynard, who put me through some diagnostic tests and taught me some exercises. The exercises were primarily focussed on the eyes and ocular movement. After I was done my balance system was definitely aggravated! I had a moderate attack this morning I think partially because of the challenges involved. That is no reason to give up though. I assume it will be difficult before it gets better.

Go to http://ourmedia.org/node/7937 to look at a PDF file of the exercises he asked that I do.